Sunday, May 07, 2006

Unhinged

For those of you who don't know me, I'm alittle unhinged. I have three teens and am expecting a baby next month. (yes planned) My BH (better half) and I are ecstatic. It's fun being unhinged. Everyday is full of surprizes when you're alittle wacky. We're also renovating the house, home projects are addicting! We have two quirky pugs Roxy (fawn) and Tyrone (black). And two gay canaries, Liberace and Elton John. They compose music all day and sing beautifully to eachother! Who needs Beethoven for Babies..

It's been awhile since I've been knocked up, 13 years to be exact. Who knew how expensive baby furniture was? (well, if you shop at Nesting Kids) And accessories? (if you want a Bugaboo Cameleon stroller and shop online at Tutti Bella and Holts) But I have to admit, we're having fun spending money on her nursery (instead of university) right now. After all, this is my favourite stage of childhood, prenatal!

I'm mid 30's and have never felt more ready to be a mom. Maybe it's because of my 18 years of experience of being a mom to three very different spirits. I like the challenge of being a stay at home mom. There's rarely been a dull moment. But when things do get kinda stale, I'll do something unhinged like take a pole dancing class. (My BH is embarressed by that-he's quite conservative haha) Or when i feel overwhelmed, I'll head up to the ranch with a g/f (or with my daughters) to reconnect with nature and come back feeling renewed and centered. Horses are healing. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Spa Utopia! Aaron RULES.

OMG I just had another epiphany! I'll have a teen when i'm going through menopause, YIKES! Oh well, we'll both be miserable together...

1 comment:

mnmommy said...

You are my inspiration! We can only hope our wee ones are as happy and wonderful as yours. Sharing the journey...